Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Great Summer Holiday Mystery 1

I have been working with The Great Summer Holiday Mystery. Choosing of fabrics has been difficult for me because I didn't want to buy new ones for this project. And such fabrics which I would like most to use, were too little left.

My Great Summer Holiday Mystery (GSHM) is blue (surprise!). First I thought that blue is not colour of summer. In Australia (where Helen, the designer of GSHM, lives) it is summer now but here in Finland we are in the middle of winter - and wintry light turns here a little bit blue. So I planed out to call my quilt as The Great Winter Holiday Mystery - blue agrees with the finnish winter, I explained to myself. :) After that I noticed that there are many bluecolored things in finnish summer too e.g. sky in sunny days, lakes, many flowers - and thunderclouds.

This Mystery has been so far fun and easy to do. What delights me the most now is that I have caught up with the others GSHM-makers:) I'll wait more instructions with excitement.



I have made some stitcheries today. I don't know yet what I'll do with them. My purpose was to test if the marks of copying paper will disappear when the fabrics are washed up. That's why I hadn't stitched one S yet. Here are my little stitcheries - the pattern is from Helen too.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet you are looking forward to warmer weather as I am. your mystery quilt is looking good.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/