Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A new project is starting

I have made some shopping and I'm gonna start a new project. It's a BOM - 'Once upon a time' from Melly & me. I have chosen very bright colours in this quilt because children always love bright colours. And fairy tales bring in their everyday life more pleasure and joy.


Classical fairy storys tells about things which are still important in life - about love, honesty, adherence, respect and unselfishness. They give hope for better tomorrow when everything seems black - and encourage to do 'the right thing' even it it seems to be only foolish and fuddy-duddy. Particularly we adults should nowadays pay more attention to lessons of fairy tales.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Hi Kirsi,
The colours are wonderful and very bright. I hope you enjoy doing your new BOM. I too am doing a BOM but it is through a quilt store and the fabrics are 1930s. Not my style but the other version was a dull green and peach. I wanted more colour.
I am a Canadian of Finnish descent and so it is nice to see what quilters in other countries are doing. So far I have not posted pictures of my quilts on my blog. Perhaps I will soon.
Dolores (Typy)