Saturday, February 28, 2009

Once Upon a Time ... 1

I have busied me with the first block of Once Upon a Time BOM. Now I have made all stitchery in this block. It has been fun to do this. I usually avoid strong colours but I have now enjoyed about them. Tomorrow I'll sew borders around the block - I'll show it to you then.


The first block depicts a fairy tale about pair of siblings, Hansel and Gretel. Their parents have hard times and they did'nt device any other expedient for smoothing over their difficulties but to leave their children in the forest. Afterwards especially dad repented for his action and he believed he could'nt fix it anymore. Fortunately children found their way tback o home after their exciting adventure in witch's cottage.

In my eyes this fairy tale wants to remind me how important it is to take care of others and share my own to others even if I haven't so much. And the inventiveness of the children gives me a proof about strength of a team spirit.

What does this fairy tale bring to your mind?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hello! I just found your blog. It is very nice. I enjoy it and will visit often. I hate to say I remember only the basics of the Hansel & Gretel story but I have always loved fairy tales. Your stitchery is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see it completed!